Before buying your home insurance cover in Braselton, GA, Bingham Insurance Group advises you to have a clear understanding of the following basics about home insurance.
Understand what your home insurance covers
You need to understand the areas covered by your home insurance policy. This understanding helps get the most of your insurance coverage. It also aids during the claim process. Typical home insurance protects your home and its contents, additional living expenses and provides liability protection.
Home insurance exclusions
It’s critical to understand the common risks not covered by your home insurance policy. Your home insurance will not help in the following cases:
- Floods damage
- Earthquake damages
- Damages due to infestations by fungus, termites, or molds
- Regular wear and tear
- Damages due to civil war
- Nuclear hazard damage
- Intentional damage
- Home-based business risks
Please check your home insurance policy document to understand what isn’t covered.
Review your policy regularly
If you haven’t reviewed or updated your home insurance policy for more than a year, it’s time to do so! Here are some benefits:
- It smoothens the claim process
- You may save money on premiums if the policy is up-to-date
- It can help to cover new items you bought recently
- The cost of renewing your current policy could be cheaper than buying a whole new one
- If you are unsure when to update your policy, please talk to your insurance agent for guidance
Difference between replacement value and market value
Replacement cost is the amount it would take to replace your house today. On the other hand, market value refers to the value your house would fetch if it were sold today. That said, it’s wise to insure your home against the replacement value to avoid financial losses when catastrophes strike.
Home insurance in Braselton. GA
Do you need more information on home insurance? Would you please reach out to Bingham Insurance Group for more insights? You can also come to our offices to talk to our team.